Friday, July 17, 2009

S Divyan Pillai reflects on this project......

Phew...wad a Project...It could not have been more exciting to get myself home on friday the 17th...!! My my...wad a way to sum up this project...!! In a word, this project is described as "Tedious". These teachers sure know how make a student learn the hard way.....I might sound as though i am whining..!!

Anyway, this project was a great experience for me. It taught me a great deal in fact. I was amazed with the software as it was user and virus friendly. Seriously, accpac was great to use as it was really user friendly. My team mates and I should agree that we rarely flipped the accpac manual. We just found our way through the software. No doubt the manual helped us to familiarise with the software. However friendly it was to the users, it was more friendly to viruses. Who knows wad viruses they are? But there was a point of time where the lab assistants had to warn us of viruses that occured. These viruses came about because when we copy the saved data to the 'c' drive, we over write the file. This causes the file to multiply and could cause our file to be corrupted. Moreover it caused the process of saving to be longer than usual. However, credits to the lab assistants, they really helped us to remove this virus from our thumbdrives. Thks Lab assistants...

This project is also great as it taught me to appreciate the importance of time. ha' like real... This software takes so long to save and open the file. The saving process might be easy, but the time it takes..phew easily fifteen minutes to half an hour... I know i might sound sarcarstic. As a matter of fact, seriously, sitting down and watch those green bars increase in that saving process made me realise that every minute counts. Really, I have learnt to appreciate and use every minute given to me wisely...

I have contributed everything I could in this project. I have given my time, soul and heart to this project. Most importantly I have given everythin I could for my team mates. They also have been great. Particularly, I wouldn't be able to tell what I have done. But I can promise that I have been there at every single meetings and have been contributing a lot. I do not want to be too explicit with what I have done alone. As we know, this is a team effort and my, i should say that my team was really like a family. We did it up together. Therefore, I can tell you certainly none of us can tell you particularly what we have done. We did everything as a team and nothing was done only by a person. It was a marvellous team effort and hopefully we get the result our teamwork deserved. Especially when some of them had CCA's and other commitments, we all put that aside and continued with the work. We never once complained or prevented someone from attending to their commitments. They too made up for it. In a whole, I would have to say that the team effort was brilliant, all gave in to one another. Great job mates!!

AccPac was actually a great learning journey for me. Along with a great team,we went through a journey on the rough seas. Firstly, the first step was doin the chart of accounts. After that, we entered and posted the opening GL balances. These were all done in that short 2 week break. Ok..we were takin it one at a time. The first week of school after the break, we did up all the GL transactions in the GL, the AR transactions in the GL and the AP transactions in the GL.
"ooopS.. wad is there something wrong..." I asked Mr Koh as me and my team mates read Mr Koh's face. He was troubled by the way we've done it. He then told us the problem..he told us to put the AR transactions in the AR system an the AP transactions in the AP system. We felt so stupid. Ha. But again this part of the journey taught me that learning is forever. We learn from mistakes. After that we were on cruise control, did up everything and started to check the whole project. It was then we found out that the AR opening balance for Excel Canda was wrong. We accidentally included tax. Oops... Luckily Mr Koh helped us and told us to do up an adjustment entry. Ooook! we did that and thought all done. Just then my group mate found out that we wrongly classified a few sales. So? We went to correct all that and have to do more adjustment entries in the AR. Ok. That all? No. Since when has it been so easy with the teachers just looking to ensure you really learn. Ha. We had to print that whole bulk of accounts, and organise them so that Mr Koh did not have to work is eyes to see and mark our report. ha. Thanks to the good soul in my group that Mr Koh has a easier time.
To sum it all up, the internal control was done up and checked in the final week. Ok then. Its Friday the seventeenth of July. DEADLINE...We headed to the lab, finalised everythin, and send the project for its binding. Thats it.. The report looks so thick that I was so proud of our group effort. Its a great experience. UP and DOWNS were part of this project. We learnt a lot as a group. Ok. Have spoken too much about the project. Now for the credits.

Tan Xue Ying
Lo Ang Chou
Amillianah
Dawn Phua
ALL of ya were great & thanks a lot...
S Divyan Pillai

No comments:

Post a Comment